A new approved Erasmus+ Project for Strategic Partnerships for higher education
The European Commission through the Bulgarian National Agency – Human Resourses Development Centre, have approved for financing the Erasmus+ project for Strategic Partnerships for higher education under the title of „HYBRIDISATION OF SPECIALISED ENGLISH LEARNING FOR SECURITY PROFESSIONALS” (read here). The grant amounts to 172 614 Euro.
„G. S. Rakovski” National Defence College is the leading organisation and coordinator, while Swedish National Defence University (Forsvarshogskolan) and the Military Academy of Portugal are the project partners.
The project has been developed by Assoc. Prof. Valentina Georgieva – Head of the Language Training Chair at the Department of Distance Learning, Language Eduaction and Qualifications in cooperation with colleagues – English language specialists from the partner institutions.
The main objectives of the 2-year project are:
- improving comprehensive specialized English language knowledge and communicative skills of the target group of security specialists through the suggested new form of hybrid English language learning;
- improving the international dimension of education at partner institutions by incorporating geo-educational aspect to the learning process, which encompasses English language learning and culture awareness;
- ensuring collaborative experience of the students and staff involved as well as of the wider audience of the end-users of the project’s outcomes.
The objectives will be achieved by developing the following intellectual educational products:
- developing a new curriculum for a „Hybrid English Language Course for Security Professionals” that meets the specific langauge needs of the target group of the project;
- design, developing, testing and implementing of learning materials – Course Modules (2 from each partner) for the new “Hybrid English Course for Security Professionals”;
- Collaborative Web-based Learning Platform for Security Professionals;
The design of an innovative hybrid educational language learning model that serves different target groups of students with different educational background ensures a flexible training schedule thanks to utilisation of Collaborative Web-based Learning Platform resources. The overall positive impact will be a result of a dynamic, digital, and practical learning experience aimed at improving the qualifications of the current and future security specialists.
The envisaged long-term benefits of the project are subsequent to the application of the practical approach which will lead to improved professional quality of the specialists from the security sector and improved national education systems in the partner countries and beyond.