SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE WITH INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPATION
02 – 04 April 2024
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The Rakovski National Defence College was created in 1912 with Decree № 26 of Tzar Ferdinand I and an Act of the National Assembly.
During its long history the oldest higher military educational institution in Bulgaria, whose patron is the renowned Bulgarian revolutionary, scholar and public figure Georgi Stoykov Rakovski, has established itself as a natural environment for the development of education and scientific research in the area of warfare and national security.
A substantive segment of the College activities are the regularly conducted scientific-research forums with the participation of Bulgarian and foreign scholars and researchers. During the last years a tendency for increase in the scientific quality and contribution of the annual RNDC conferences can be observed.
The theme of the upcoming annual scientific forum of RNDC is: „20 years of Bulgaria in NATO and NATO in Bulgaria“. The topic is particularly significant in the context of the military activities in the Black Sea region along with the aspiration of new countries in the region to join the acting economic and defence alliances.
The scientific conference „20 years of Bulgaria in NATO and NATO in Bulgaria“ will take place on April 02 – 04, 2024 in Sofia. Rakovski National Defence College is a host and organiser of the scientific forum with international participation.
The conference is indexed in the Central and Eastern European Library (CEEOL).
Colonel, Associate Professor Dimitar TASHKOV, PhD – Deputy Commandant for Science and Training
Colonel, Associate Professor Zhivko ZHELEV, PhD – Dean of National Security and Defence Faculty
Colonel, Professor Emil ENEV, PhD – Dean of Command and Staff Faculty
Colonel, Associate Professor Zhivo PETROV, PhD – acting as interim Director of Defence Advanced Research Institute
Colonel, Assoc.Prof. Petko DIMOV, PhD – Director of Distance Learning, Language Training and Qualification Department
FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PAPERS
The guidelines concern manuscripts for publication at the „20 years of Bulgaria in NATO and NATO in Bulgaria“ scientific conference with international participation. Each participant may participate with up to two papers at the scientific conference as an author or co-author. The length of each paper must not be less than 6 pages nor exceed 12 pages, recommendably 20 000 characters including spaces.
Manuscripts are to be submitted from the participation form.
The deadline for manuscripts submission is March 4, 2024. Manuscripts are not accepted after that date.
The current guidelines are developed in compliance with the acting standard ISO 690:2021 (Guidelines for Bibliographic References and Citations to Information Resources).
The final program for the conference will be provided to the participants upon their registration.
Articles are to be submitted via the attached participation form. Papers that do not comply with the instructions for participation will not be accepted.
BULGARIAN AND ENGLISH
- POLICIES, STRATEGIES, LEADERSHIP
- RESEARCH, ANALYSES, PREDICTIONS
- The maximum number of papers that each author may pay (independently or as co-author), is two;
- The deadline for payment of the conference fee for participation at the scientific conference is determined after confirmation of approval for publication of the paper, but no later than 22.03.2024;
- The participation fee for one paper at the scientific conference for external participants is 50 BGN with VAT. Co-authors of papers pay a full fee;
- The fee for participation of external participants at the scientific conference with two papers is 80 BGN with VAT;
- The student fee for participation in the scientific conference is 30 BGN with VAT;
- The fee for participation without paper at the scientific conference for external participants is 30 BGN with VAT;
- Fees are transferred to the Rakovski National Defence College bank account:
Beneficiary: G. S. Rakovski National Defence College
Address of the beneficiary: Sofia 1504, 82 Evlogi i Hristo Georgievi Blvd.
Bank of the beneficiary: BNB
We recommend booking accommodation in one of the following hotels that are within walking distance of RNDC:
- Kapri Hotel hotel KAPRI Sofia/Perfect location – www.kaprisofia.eu
- Crystal Palace Boutique Hotel https://www.crystalpalace-sofia.com/
- Oborishte 63 Boutique Hotel https://oborishte63.com/
- Hyatt Regency Sofia https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/bulgaria/hyatt-regency-sofia/sofrs
Contact information of the organisation committee:
Sofia 1504, 82 Evlogi i Hristo Georgievi Blvd.
Rakovski National Defence College